Here’s what you need to know about the biggest Mobile Legends tournament of the year.
All roads lead to this as the Mobile Legends Southeast Asia Cup (MSC) is only a few days away from its June 10 start at Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Excitement is high and anticipation is certainly brewing as this will be the first MSC event to include teams from North America, Turkey, and MENA.
With the clock counting down, we have gathered all the details here so that you don’t get lost in the most competitive MSC yet.
Which teams are competing?
A total of 12 teams from Asia, North America, Turkey, and MENA.
- ONIC Esports (MPL Indonesia S11 champions)
- EVOS Legends (MPL Indonesia S11 runner-up)
- ECHO (MPL Philippines S11 champions)
- Blacklist International (MPL Philippines S11 runner-up)
- TODAK (MPL Malaysia S11 champions)
- RSG Slate SG (MPL Singapore S5 champions)
- BURN x FLASH (MPL Cambodia champions)
- Fenix Esports (Myanmar Qualifier)
- Team EVO (Mekong Qualifier)
- Team Occupy (MPL MENA champions)
- Outplay* (NACT runner-up)
- Fire Flux Impunity (MTC S1 champions)
*NACT runner-up Outplay will represent North America as NACT champions BloodThirstyKings were unable to assemble a full team in time for the tournament.
All 12 teams have already been randomly drawn into four different groups of three. Here are the groups for the tournament:
What is the tournament format?
Based on the tournament groups, all teams will play against their groupmates in a single round-robin, with best-of-three matches. Following this, the top two teams from each group will advance to the playoffs while the rest will be eliminated from the tournament.
The playoffs will put the remaining teams in a single elimination bracket. Each match will be a best-of-five except for the grand finals, which will be a best-of-seven.
Banner image from Moonton games.