Lewis Hamilton is one of The New York Times’ ’93 Most Stylish People of 2022′ — here are 9 times he was a style guru.
In case you haven’t heard, The New York Times recently released their list of ‘The 93 Most Stylish People of 2022‘ — and Lewis Hamilton is one of them, as a man who boasts both speed and style every time he steps into another Formula 1 race weekend.
“It was a bad year for the British Formula 1 driver on the track,” The New York Times wrote about the seven-time World Champion.
“But he was far more successful when it came to getting dressed, wearing Valentino pink suiting on the cover of Vanity Fair’s September issue, Kenzo and Versace knits in the pit lane, and, to the chagrin of the sport’s governing body, lots (and lots) of bling.”
We have to agree. For as much as he struggled, Lewis definitely won F1’s style game this season by a long shot. Here are nine times he proved why he was deserving to make the list.
The way he can pull off statement pants
In the 2022 season, Lewis Hamilton showed up to the pitlane in too many striking outfits to count. But one thing we definitely noticed was his collection of statement pants.
1. Walking to the paddock or heading to Fashion Week?
2. We loved how he paired bright red camos seamlessly with his Mercedes team shirt.
3. Even posing with the beauty of nature, he manages to stand out.
The way he coordinates his colors
Another thing we couldn’t ignore among Lewis Hamilton’s many outfits is the way he coordinates his colors — and he does so well, whether he’s going for a monochromatic or contrasting look.
4. While one of his most iconic outfits is his pink Valentino look, we also love how well he pulls of yellow.
5. The green and yellow in this outfit work so well together — plus the way he matches the polka dots on his hat and shirt? It all makes sense.
6. This one might be our favorite. The same shades of blue and orange on his statement pants (again) are on his shirt too, topped off with the blue cap.
When he pushes the boundaries
Throughout the year, Lewis Hamilton made headlines just with his outfits. Though sometimes, people weren’t sure if they loved or hated what he was wearing.
But to us, that simply means that he knows how to push the boundaries of fashion. And isn’t that what many designers do, especially on the runway?
7. Purple isn’t just for royalty it seems.
8. When lewis showed up to the Met Gala in this outfit, he certainly stole the show.
9. Showing up to the paddock in this fit, it would have been easy to assume he was walking onto an action movie set.
So tell us. Lewis Hamilton — style icon or not?
Banner image from Lewis Hamilton on Instagram.